Pages

martes, 11 de enero de 2011

Teacher Blogger Challenge - Mi vida como bloguera



Un poco de contexto:
The advanced teacher blogging challenge is to encourage experienced bloggers to continue to post regularly, improve the quality of their blog, increase readership, allow further networking and importantly, to learn together. It offers a unique showcase reflecting individual knowledge, approaches, experience, wisdom and hindsight of experienced bloggers. When we write reflective and informative posts on similar themes to the beginners and share with each other, we build a rich community and supportive network.

Decidí inscribirme en este challenge para ver si puedo mejorar un poco mis habilidades como bloguera. Sin duda que me falta un poco en lo que es diseño.  No me entiendo para nada con el html y eso creo juega en contra de cualquier ser humano que quiera bloguear en serio.

2. Este no es el primer challenge en el que participo, pero estoy decidida a que sea el primero que finalizo con éxito.  Hasta el momento no ha sido de todo exitosa esta aventura. Llevamos recién un día y ya estoy un tanto retrasada debido a que elegí leer la mayor cantidad de blogs posibles [y agregarlos en mi blogroll] antes de empezar a postear.  Sin embargo, por fin pude completar esta tarea y ahora a ver lo que trae el día de mañana.

3. Mi vida como bloguera... no recuerdo exactamente cómo empezó, pero fue en el año 2006/2007. Un hecho crucial fue haberme inscrito en el grupo yahoo de Webheads y haber participado de las conferencias online de AUSTRALIAN FLEXIBLE LEARNING 2006/2007.  Luego vino WikiEducator y los MOOC. Estos cursos abiertos masivos online para mi fueron toda una revolución ya que por primera vez se conectaba el mundo de los practicioners con la academia en un ambiente que no se limitaba por barreras de idioma, conocimiento o clase social [más allá de las obvias limitaciones que impone el acceso a las tecnologías y al tiempo necesario para dedicarlo a estos proyectos].  

Ahora bien respecto de mi vida específicamente en la blogósfera, debo decir que, como la vida misma, ha tenido sus altos y bajos.  En general hay una tendencia a bloguear cuando estoy más desocupada, esto es entre los meses de verano (en Chile Diciembre-Marzo) y mientras estudio o trabajo abandono [casi] totalmente mis actividades online.  Ahora bien, he usado bastante los blogs en cursos de inglés. Me gusta que los alumnos creen sus propios blogs ya que siento que les sirve como e-portafolio y también como forma de inicializarse en el mundo blogero (en ese sentido me siento una blogevangelizadora).

La verdad es que tengo más de 20 blogs que surgieron por algún tipo de proyecto y luego fueron abandonados, o simplemente cerrados.  
Aquí hay algunas direciones de blogs en los que empecé:


4. Para terminar, me gustaría agregar que no solo me interesa la parte práctica del uso en aula que se le pueda dar al blog, sino también la reflexión teórica que se puede generar tanto en su aspecto social, educativo y también lingüístico. Cualquier sugerencia sobre bibliografía en esta área es siempre bienvenida!

Saludos a todos los visitantes y por favor no olviden dejar sus comentarios.

4 comentarios:

  1. I think that the blog post tricked google into thinking that it was in English as google chrome did not come up with the automatic option to translate. However, I copied and pasted the post into http://translate.google.com/# and then I could read it. Thanks Kami for being part of this challenge. I love the fact that it is in another language, forcing us to work out alternative ways of communicating and connecting. Hope you keep on posting in this challenge and using your Spanish. I was hoping that my Indonesian contacts will also join the blog. Theirs will be in Indonesian, which will be interesting as well.
    Like you I have started several blogs and stopped adding to them. However, I think that is part of the process. Whilst a tool is useful, we use it and when there is no further use we stop.
    How did you like doing the wikiteacher course? Do you teach on it? I went to one of their online meetings one day and was fascinated but then got too busy to do the training.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi Kami,
    Thanks to Murch's comments I discovered that i can translate your blog post. I learnt Italian in Highschool so could pick up a lot but I was struggling to make good sense of it. I managed to use Bing Translator which popped up as an option when i right clicked. Do you ever use a translating tool? or are you sufficiently bilingual to understand English and Spanish? I think yes with all your engagement in online conferences. :-)
    Thanks for posting on my blog too! I will look out for you when MOOCing.
    Cheers Viv

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hi!
    Well, I fixed the language of the blog. It was set in English :)

    I am really happy to be participating with you. My blog does need a lot of improving :) But this two days have give me time to realize that I mostly blog as a way to keep track of what I think is important for me, not really what I can give to others. I think I read about that in one of the posts.

    Well I am pretty sure that after the 30 days my blogging skills will be much improved.

    I like the wikis, but mostly I got into that because of the idea [philosophy] behind WikiEducator. I wish I had more time to contribute to that.

    Thanks for visiting here!

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hi Viv!
    I don't know why your comment had ended up as spam.
    Regarding English, well, I try to do my best. I hadn't thought about using google translator, but probably I should, it would certainly save me a lot of time reading the tons of forum posts in the MOOC :)
    See you around!

    ResponderBorrar